IEC 61131-3 programming with CoDeSys
CoDeSys is the standard development tool for Automata control systems. It is used to program applications in various languages according to the international standard IEC 61131-3. Beside the graphical and text editors the tool includes a powerful debugger, a library manager and easy to handle configurators all supported field busses. A further feature is an integrated visualization tool that allows to create graphical operator interfaces running direct on the controller or WEB based on any device with Ethernet interface and Web Browser.
Supported programming languages
- IL (Instruction list) is an assembler like programming language
- ST (Structured text) is similar to programming in PASCAL or C
- LD (Ladder diagram) enables the programmer to virtually combine relay contacts and coils
- FBD (Function block diagram) enables the user to rapidly program both Boolean and analogue expressions
- SFC (Sequential function chart) is convenient for programming sequential processes and flows
- CFC (Continuous Function Chart) is a sort of freehand FBD editor.
Applications are easy to port
CoDeSys applications designed for a Automata controller are also running on any other Automata control system - just switch the target device in the PLC configurator, recompile and download - thats it.
|Control system||A1 - PAC||F3 - PAC||SCS3||OptInject|
|Languages||IL, ST, LD, FDB, SFC, CFC|
|Debug interfaces||Ethernet||Ethernet||Ethernet over sercos III UCC, RS232, CAN||Ethernet|
|Supported fieldbusses||sercos III, CAN, EtherCAT||sercos III, CAN, EtherCAT||sercos III, CAN||sercos III, CAN|
|max. application size||up to 32 MB||up to 32 MB||up to 2 MB||up to 32 MB|
|max. data size||up to 8 MB||up to 8 MB||up to 1 MB||up to 8 MB|
|< 0,2 ms||< 0,2 ms||< 0,5 ms||< 0,2 ms|
|CoDeSys Version||V2.3, V3||V2.3, V3||V3||V2.3|
|Other features||RETAIN, SoftMotion, Multitasking||RETAIN, SoftMotion, Multitasking||RETAIN, Multitasking||RETAIN, SoftMotion, Multitasking|